At Fjord, experience design is at the heart of our practice. The experience design team at our Stockholm studio is composed of a diverse and hardworking group of visual and interaction designers, some with cross-over skills who we call product designers. Our designers continually strive to improve their craft and deliver the highest quality products for our clients. The Experience Design Lead (EDL) sets the tone and expectations for their project teams and clients. The EDL is a master of visual design in digital and physical spaces with a strong understanding of the how to foster elegant simplicity with visual and interactive components. They know how to make the case for the value of design quality in the customer experience, pushing our clients’ understanding and enabling our designers to perform better. At the same time, they are critical to the needs of their teams and have a validated ability to nurture a culture of curiosity and exploration
Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience, 4+ years leadership/management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
- Understand Visual and Interaction Design as a discipline and a practice (Industrial Design is a bonus).
What we expect from you:
- The ability to guide a team in generating innovative and creative ideas based in unique brand and/or user insights.
- Work closely with design, technology, and project management to ensure the design meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Prioritise and develop human-centered design process that spans all phases of design exploration and development.
- Understanding of brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved.
- Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- An aptitude for crafting and managing client relationships.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills to help establish a look and feel for a given project, evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, think and respond quickly while delivering unexpected, original, and innovative ideas.
- Set and reinforce the expectation of how team members should collaborate within and across disciplines on assigned accounts.
- Assess performance, provide career guidance and foster a culture of growth and craft development in the Experience Design team.
- Specialist understanding of the production process (asset creation, specification creation, and handoff to development).
- Ability to clearly articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work, both internally and externally to clients, ability to give thoughtful feedback to the entire design team.
- Expert ability to balance business needs/objectives of the studio, client needs, and creative strategy.
What we offer:
- Highly innovative and hardworking colleagues with a 50:50 gender mix and over 10 nationalities alone in our Stockholm studio
- Impactful work for some of the most well-known brands in the world
- Diverse project teams with flat hierarchies and a tight collaboration from start to finish
- A brand new two-floor office space with a physical prototyping lab, a silent library, swings, many private hideaway spots, spacious workshop and communal areas, foosball/ping pong/VR/etc for the after-works, and great coffee with real espresso machines… (yes, we love and miss our studio!)
- Learning and training activities throughout the year as well as one big annual get-together for Fjordians to meet and greet teams from other studios
- Continuous learning, sharing, education and support from Accenture – to enable Fjordians harness and expand their craft and leadership skills
- Exchange programs with other Fjord Studios worldwide
- The possibility to attend relevant conferences (When the health environment allows)
- Competitive salary package (incl pension, gym allowance and private health insurance, annual book allowance)
We are Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
We offer a long-term career, where you will constantly challenge yourself to learn and grow. Our performance achievement approach to performance management focuses on building on your strengths and maximize your potential. We are an organization that encourages diversity – and as a meritocracy everyone will be given equal opportunities based on performance and aspirations.
Equal is greater than – Accenture welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent and culture to their work. We invite you to be part of this diversity!
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please send an email to Accenture Recruitment Sweden <email@example.com>.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries – powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!