At Fjord, Visual Design (VD) is the sensory realization of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. A VD works collaboratively with Interaction/Service Designers, Content Design and DevOps teams, visualising the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s experiences in a visually engaging way.
As a team, we:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward ground-breaking design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
Contribute to definition and execution of visual design language throughout engagements at the project level.
Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Years of Experience:
1-2 years of design experience, preferably at a digital agency (graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience).
- Self-identify career goals.
- Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Expand personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques.
- Gain knowledge of digital best practices.
- Leverage an intermediate understanding of technologies, user interface design and visual design fundamentals and techniques in generating an effective range of design creative solutions that address program objectives, and are visually appealing and motivating.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give design feedback.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Work enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members.
- Accurately self-assess performance; provide feedback to others.
- Work closely with design, technology, and project management to ensure the design meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Have an intermediate understanding of the function and output of other disciplines.
- Help establish the look and feel of concepts.
- Create design concepts through participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions.
- Have an intermediate understanding of the client’s business objectives, brand, and consumer to inform strong design ideas.
- Design mood boards, comps, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards under direction of the project’s Creative Lead.
- Articulate creative concepts and designs internally to the team.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively.
- Contribute ideas in client meetings.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Share in client presentations, as appropriate and assigned.
- Contribute to client requested POVs.
- Support in gathering deliverables into client-ready presentations.
- Initiate or participate in community-building events.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- High dexterity in speed and quality with the tools of your trade
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Strong digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work that demonstrate conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Intermediate command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision, Figma, Keynote); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Intermediate awareness of the digital landscape with an emphasis on mobile, including transactional/commerce, core product, social media, customer self-service, marketing, and machine-to-mobile experiences.
- Intermediate awareness of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile.
- Intermediate ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time, organize and prioritize workload, and work efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead.
- Demonstrated intermediate problem-solving skills that enable you to evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original, and innovative ideas.
- Demonstrated careful attention to detail and sensitivity to version control issues.
- Intermediate understanding of the production process (asset creation, specification creation, and handoff to development).
- Intermediate understanding of technical and cross-platform implications (strengths and limitations of individual native, hybrid and HTML platforms).
- Intermediate communication skills; ability to discuss your creative process, thoughts, and ideas, and develop a point of view about your work.
What we offer
- Highly innovative and talented colleagues with a 50:50 gender mix and over 10 nationalities alone in our Stockholm studio
- Impactful work for some of the most well-known brands in the world
- Diverse project teams with flat hierarchies and a tight collaboration from start to finish
- A brand new two-floor office space with a physical prototyping lab, a silent library, swings, many private hideaway spots, spacious workshop and communal areas, fussball/pingpong/VR/etc for the after-works, and great coffee with real espresso machines… (yes, we love and miss our studio!)
- Learning and training activities throughout the year as well as one big annual get-together for Fjordians to meet and greet teams from other studios
- Continuous learning, sharing, education and support from Accenture – to enable Fjordians harness and expand their craft and leadership skills
- Exchange programs with other Fjord Studios worldwide
- The possibility to attend relevant conferences (When the health environment allows)
- Competitive salary package (incl pension, gym allowance and private health insurance, annual book allowance)
We are Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
We offer a long-term career, where you will constantly challenge yourself to learn and grow. Our performance achievement approach to performance management focuses on building on your strengths and maximize your potential. We are an organization that encourages diversity – and as a meritocracy everyone will be given equal opportunities based on performance and aspirations.
Equal is greater than – Accenture welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent and culture to their work. We invite you to be part of this diversity!
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please send an email to Accenture Recruitment Sweden <email@example.com>.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!